U.S. Military Wives Choir - And Other Awesome Tidbits


I'll start off with a little inspiration.  I created this tiny purse for a friend last night. 
I used the Twitterpated DSP (Designer Series Paper) from Stampin' Up.  

 Inside I'll add a little chocolate treat or candy or something yummy!


AND NOW...ONTO THE STAGE!!!



I am on the far left singing at the Kennedy Center for their 2012 Spring Gala. It was called "An Evening With David Foster and Friends"! UN. BE. LIEVE. ABLE! I was cast by Cammo Music to sing in the newly formed U.S. Military Wives Choir! For our debut, we were able to perform on stage with not only the amazing David Foster, but Chris Botti, Chaka Kahn, Jewel,  and other talented singers.  It was the most wonderful experience!  I met 40 wonderful Military Spouses from the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. We sang a beautiful, Patriotic song composed by David Foster called "The "Promise". We wore the color of our spouses branch (Go Army Green!) I will never, EVER forget this night. See the audience YouTube video of the performance here.


I am right behind David Foster's right shoulder. We even made it into FORBES magazine! Next we will be headed into the studio to record our song.  There may be possible tour dates, presentations, etc. I am so thankful to the Lord for this wonderful opportunity to honor our servicemembers and families. And...did I mention I am beyond excited?

You'd think with all this excitement I wouldn't have time to create? NO WAY! Creating is as just as therapeutic to me as music.

CARDS:
It was my brother Kartez's birthday.  But this birthday marked a special occasion in his life.  After many struggles, and hardships, he decided to lay down his burdens and accept Christ as his Savior. He was so happy when he called me. Although simple, this card is special to me.


 I used Stampin' Up Mocha Mornings paper, Hero Arts Stamp, Top Note Die and Cosmo Cricket stickers.


I also created this mother's day card using my Sizzix Embossing Folder (Houndstooth) my Cricut and Stampin' Up papers.  It was a pretty quick project.




For more embossing fun, here's a card using the Vintage Wallpaper folder and Stampin Up papers.  I am really on this Stampin Up DSP kick.  I love the quality, the weight and double sided beautiful designs.  


Whew! What a whirlwind!.  God bless you and I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall added unto you" ~ God