Paper Versatility


Many of us get that stack of paper that we just love.  Then we don't use it.  It sits and compiles until the next delicious pattern or designer series comes out.  I am challenged to do better in this department.  Starting with this altered notebook using Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper.

  I

I stamped the images using Natures' Pace.  

There was more paper left so I created this card for my brother's birthday.


Hope he likes it!



Next I wanted to use up some of the bright papers from another set (Summer Smooches) So I designed these cards.





You can see I simply flipped the design on the front of the cards.  This is a quick way to add versatility.
I created this one from the scraps


Lastly, I created these using Floral District from Stampin Up and Rich Razzalberry.


Add caption
An a little ribbon of course


I received a Chevron embossing folder which I am having fun with.  I also us Summer Sillouettes stamps, and Butterfly Framlits.  I like how these turned out.



LOOK UP:

I am reading a book called "1000 Gifts" in it the author describes sitting in a salon and peeking at the book another patron was reading.  It was called "1000 Places to Visit Before You Die". That title got her to thinking... As a wife of a farmer and mother to 6, is that really what we must do to be ready to die happy? To have fulfilled all the best life has to offer? Why not here? Why not now? She can embrace the smoothe face of the child she created from seed in her womb.  She can hear the whisper of wind through the trees and witness the sunlight on her face.

This struck me.  How many times do we say "if only THIS happens, then I will be happy".  I have decided to be happy with the every day little things.  Because you surely don't know if you will live long enough to visit exotic places or become a millionaire.  And without thanksgiving, those things wouldn't satisfy you anyway.  So I decided to have thanksgiving that will bring joy everyday.  Every sweet moment.  One doesn't have to strive for it.  One only has to recieve it from the great Peacemaker, Jesus Christ. He offers us grace and a life of contentment and satisfaction, and of hope.

Well, that's my Penny from heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Matthew 6:33 - "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall added unto you" ~ God